To establish a year-round market place for the purpose of connecting consumers and producers of locally grown foods and other agricultural products. Our goals are to encourage healthy eating, expand local economic development, promote community involvement, and sustainable living.
What is Local Roots?
Local Roots combines a market where shoppers can conveniently browse a variety of products from over 100 local producers and a cafe that makes fresh, healthy, seasonal dishes from local ingredients.
In addition, Local Roots serves as an informal community center, hosting meetings of local organizations and presenting classes on topics such as gardening, healthy cooking, food preservation, crafts, and issues relating to sustainability.
What makes Local Roots different?
- Local Roots is a Producer/Consumer Cooperative that depends on the support of members. Anyone can be a member, but it is not required to shop.
- Almost all of our products are local…to us, that means made or grown in Ohio!
- Most products are sold on consignment by the producer, so customers know where their food comes from.
- Local Roots keeps costs low by relying on volunteers who care about the mission. 75-82% of the selling price goes back to the producer where it belongs!
What will you find at the market?
Local Roots proudly offers the best of Ohio:
- Fresh, seasonal produce including heirloom, organic, and chemical-free varieties
- Frozen meats from grass-fed beef to pastured pork, poultry and lamb
- Freshly baked breads, sweets & snacks
- Locally made jams & jellies
- Maple syrup, raw honey
- Grass based milk & gourmet cheeses
- Cage-free and pastured eggs
- Handmade arts & crafts
- One-of-a-kind gifts
- And more!