Interested in becoming a producer member of Local Roots?
Advantages to Producers:
- Year-round sales potential.
- A means of expanding your business while keeping transaction cost low.
- Local Roots provides marketing/advertising services to connect you with more customers.
- New producers and small entrepreneurs are welcome and encouraged.
In order to sell with Local Roots, producers must adhere to the following market guidelines and rules:
- All Producers are required to be members of the Wooster Local Foods Cooperative, Inc. (Click here for info on membership)
- Producers must be based in Ohio
- All products must comply with federal, state, and local health regulations, licensing, and labeling requirements.
- All producers are required to disclose their growing practices. Organic certification is welcome, but we will not
exclude producers without this certification.
- Additional product related guidelines apply. Read the full Product Guidelines 7-2013 for all information.
- Other market rules/costs apply dependent on type of product. Read Market Rules & Procedures and Display Rental or see manager for details.
In Ohio, the following products may be sold without special licensing:
- fresh unprocessed fruits or vegetables
- maple syrup, sorghum, or honey [properly labeled]
- properly labeled products of a cottage food production operation
All other products require additional licensing.
Producers are expected to inform themselves on issues governing the production, display, distribution, sampling and sale of their products. Anyone wishing to sell through Local Roots should research the rules and regulations regarding the products they are wishing to sell prior to applying as a producer member. Here are some resources to get you started:
Notes on Legal Compliance
The Wayne County Health Department at email@example.com
Producers interested in selling at Local Roots must complete and submit and application with copies all applicable licenses and certifications to be kept on file at the market.
Entry of new products is dependant on the needs of the market and is up to the discretion of the market manager. Producers wishing to sell should confirm that their product is compliant with legal and market guidelines, then contact the market manager to set up a product review at info@LocalRootsWooster.com
- Online: Producers can use our online system to check their daily. You will be contacted once your account is activated. Read instructions for accessing the system HERE.
- Direct Deposit: Local Roots offers and encourages the use of direct deposit for payments. It is easier on us and you get your money faster! Form to sign up is attached HERE. Turn into a Market Manager.